Sunday, November 27, 2005

Goodbye, My Kingdom...


Frame up....( photo by Steve Morrison)

Today I will leave you. Today, I will give you back this place that I have thrown myself into, cast a long shadow on, and left a permanent change upon. For you have given me a gift. The chance to be a King. While my timber friends and I have been here, you have treated us like Kings…You feed us your best eats, offered the best place to sleep, done our wash and kept us happy. What more could we ask for? You have taken us swimming, to see the top of the jungle, shared your special places. Spoken to us like old friends. For this, we offer you our love and our skill and this carefully crafted timber structure. We are sorry, for it could be better—we are always looking to do better, for we are just students in the largest of games, but it is the best we can give at this time, and we are glad you are the ones to have it. Take good care of it and it will take good care of you. Put the finest roof on top, and the best final touches inside. Make this your special place. For it will always be one of ours.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Koehn said...

Nice job Jack. Lat's catch up when you get back and get your feet on the ground.
Chris

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home